Help Me Grow Home Visiting is Ohio’s evidenced-based parent support program that encourages early prenatal and well-baby care, as well as parenting education to promote the comprehensive health and development of children. Home visitors are well-trained professionals who use a non-judgmental and compassionate approach that empowers parents with skills, tools, and confidence to nurture the healthy growth of their children.
Home Visiting FAQs
Applications for credentials can be found under the application tab in your registry profile. If you are applying for a new home visitor credential, you will need to upload the ODH checklist into your application. You can download and print the checklist here. You must upload the required trainings for the credential in the professional development section of your profile. You will also need to make sure your education is uploaded in your profile.
For information on required trainings and the credential details please refer to Help Me Grow Professionals Page.
You can add a new employment record by selecting the “Add New Employment” button and following the on screen prompts. As a home visitor you will select the option titled Ohio Department of Health- Home Visitor Provider and then begin typing the agency name to see filtered choices. You can view our employment resources on our Professionals page of the website.
Home Visiting Credential Resources
- Home Visitor and Supervisor of Home Visitor Credential How to Apply PDF / 2 Pages
- Special Instructions for Healthy Families America Home Visitor and Supervisor of Home Visitor Full Credential Application PDF / 3 Pages
- Ohio Department of Health Help Me Grow Home Visiting Credential
- Employment Entry Guidance PDF / 12 Pages
- Ohio Department of Health Home Visiting Organization Dashboard User Guide PDF / 9 Pages